Watch this Space by Subscribing to our Newsleter Email Mailing List on our Web site.
Welcome to Northern Ireland Heritage Gardens Committee
The Northern Ireland Heritage Gardens Committee was established in 1980 to prepare and publish an inventory of parks, gardens and demesnes of historic importance within Northern Ireland. Membership was subsequently expanded to broaden the expertise and to bring the committee into contact with other organisations concerned with the management and conservation of our plant and garden heritage.
BOOKING NOW OPEN
BOTANY OF DESIRE - The Role of Nurseries in the Irish Garden & Beyond
10th - 12th October 2014
National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin
See below for pics and reports on the 2013 CONFERENCE - 11th, 12th & 13th October
SOUTHERN GUESTS - PLANTS FROM THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE IN OUR GARDENS
Guest Garden Writer or Author. Periodic Publication No.1
From time to time we will bring you the words of well known garden writers or authors.
The first in the series is by Seamus O'Brien, Head Gardener at Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens.
We are thrilled to offer extracts from his most recent publication"In the Footsteps of Augustine Henry and his Chinese plant collectors" by Seamus O Brien with Forward by Roy Lancaster OBE VMH is Published by the Antique Collectors Club Ltd www.antiquecollectorsclub.com RRP £40.00
Our sincere thanks to Seamus O Brien for his on going committment to and interest in Horticural Heritage in Ireland. Seamus O'Brien manages Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens, an 18th Century Country Estate belonging to National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin.
- To ensure that historic parks, gardens and demesnes are preserved and maintained for future generations
- To promote research into the history of gardens and horticulture
- To disseminate information about historic parks, gardens and demesnes
- To assist with the preservation of garden plants
- To encourage greater interest in gardens and gardening
- `Northern Gardens; Gardens and Parks of Outstanding Historic Interest in Northern Ireland' NIHGC, 1982
- `Heritage Gardens Inventory`, Belinda Jupp, 1992
- `Glory of Donard`, E Charles Nelson, 1994
- `Daisy Hill Nursery, Newry: A History of `The Most Interesting Nursery Probably in the World`, E Charles Nelson, 1998