STOP PRESS - the dates for the 2013 have now been confirmed.
Welcome to Northern Ireland Heritage Gardens Committee
The Northern Ireland Heritage Gardens Committee was established in 1980 to prepare and publish an inventory of parks, gardens and demesnes of historic importance within Northern Ireland. Membership was subsequently expanded to broaden the expertise and to bring the committee into contact with other organisations concerned with the management and conservation of our plant and garden heritage.
- To ensure that historic parks, gardens and demesnes are preserved and maintained for future generations
- To promote research into the history of gardens and horticulture
- To disseminate information about historic parks, gardens and demesnes
- To assist with the preservation of garden plants
- To encourage greater interest in gardens and gardening
- `Northern Gardens; Gardens and Parks of Outstanding Historic Interest in Northern Ireland' NIHGC, 1982
- `Heritage Gardens Inventory`, Belinda Jupp, 1992
- `Glory of Donard`, E Charles Nelson, 1994
- `Daisy Hill Nursery, Newry: A History of `The Most Interesting Nursery Probably in the World`, E Charles Nelson, 1998